What is involved in Blended Course Design
Find out what the related areas are that Blended Course Design connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Blended Course Design thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Blended Course Design journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Blended Course Design leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Blended Course Design related domains to cover and 107 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Blended Course Design, Blended learning, 21st century skills, Academic standards, Access For Learning Community, Aviation Industry Computer-Based Training Committee, Differentiated instruction, Digital badge, Digital divide, Digital literacy, Digital natives, Educational technology, Face-to-face driver model of learning, Flex model of learning, Flipped classroom, Information and communication technologies, Information technology, Instructor-led training, Khan Academy, Learning Tools Interoperability, Learning management system, Lecture recording, Mainframe computer, Media psychology, Mixed reality, Mobile technology, Networked learning, Online driver, Personalized learning, Rotation model of learning, Schools Interoperability Framework, Self-blended model of learning, Synchronous learning, The National Council of Teachers of English, The Washington Post, Virtual learning environment, Web conferencing:
Blended Course Design Critical Criteria:
Co-operate on Blended Course Design decisions and find answers.
– What may be the consequences for the performance of an organization if all stakeholders are not consulted regarding Blended Course Design?
– What tools do you use once you have decided on a Blended Course Design strategy and more importantly how do you choose?
– What are our Blended Course Design Processes?
Blended learning Critical Criteria:
Tête-à-tête about Blended learning issues and adopt an insight outlook.
– What will be the consequences to the business (financial, reputation etc) if Blended Course Design does not go ahead or fails to deliver the objectives?
– Have you identified your Blended Course Design key performance indicators?
– Blended learning: a dangerous idea?
21st century skills Critical Criteria:
Differentiate 21st century skills tasks and secure 21st century skills creativity.
– Do those selected for the Blended Course Design team have a good general understanding of what Blended Course Design is all about?
Academic standards Critical Criteria:
Ventilate your thoughts about Academic standards tasks and triple focus on important concepts of Academic standards relationship management.
– How can you negotiate Blended Course Design successfully with a stubborn boss, an irate client, or a deceitful coworker?
– Why is it important to have senior management support for a Blended Course Design project?
– How will you measure your Blended Course Design effectiveness?
Access For Learning Community Critical Criteria:
Audit Access For Learning Community tasks and overcome Access For Learning Community skills and management ineffectiveness.
– Can we add value to the current Blended Course Design decision-making process (largely qualitative) by incorporating uncertainty modeling (more quantitative)?
– Do we monitor the Blended Course Design decisions made and fine tune them as they evolve?
Aviation Industry Computer-Based Training Committee Critical Criteria:
Distinguish Aviation Industry Computer-Based Training Committee tasks and don’t overlook the obvious.
– Who are the people involved in developing and implementing Blended Course Design?
– Who needs to know about Blended Course Design ?
Differentiated instruction Critical Criteria:
Mine Differentiated instruction tactics and report on setting up Differentiated instruction without losing ground.
– What are our best practices for minimizing Blended Course Design project risk, while demonstrating incremental value and quick wins throughout the Blended Course Design project lifecycle?
– What are the top 3 things at the forefront of our Blended Course Design agendas for the next 3 years?
– Does Blended Course Design appropriately measure and monitor risk?
Digital badge Critical Criteria:
X-ray Digital badge visions and point out improvements in Digital badge.
– What are the key elements of your Blended Course Design performance improvement system, including your evaluation, organizational learning, and innovation processes?
– How do you incorporate cycle time, productivity, cost control, and other efficiency and effectiveness factors into these Blended Course Design processes?
– What are the record-keeping requirements of Blended Course Design activities?
Digital divide Critical Criteria:
Huddle over Digital divide goals and maintain Digital divide for success.
– Meeting the challenge: are missed Blended Course Design opportunities costing us money?
– How can we improve Blended Course Design?
Digital literacy Critical Criteria:
Map Digital literacy goals and modify and define the unique characteristics of interactive Digital literacy projects.
– Does Blended Course Design include applications and information with regulatory compliance significance (or other contractual conditions that must be formally complied with) in a new or unique manner for which no approved security requirements, templates or design models exist?
– Who will provide the final approval of Blended Course Design deliverables?
– Why are Blended Course Design skills important?
Digital natives Critical Criteria:
Familiarize yourself with Digital natives management and track iterative Digital natives results.
– Will Blended Course Design have an impact on current business continuity, disaster recovery processes and/or infrastructure?
– How can we incorporate support to ensure safe and effective use of Blended Course Design into the services that we provide?
Educational technology Critical Criteria:
Apply Educational technology quality and define what our big hairy audacious Educational technology goal is.
– What are your key performance measures or indicators and in-process measures for the control and improvement of your Blended Course Design processes?
Face-to-face driver model of learning Critical Criteria:
Pilot Face-to-face driver model of learning failures and stake your claim.
– Which customers cant participate in our Blended Course Design domain because they lack skills, wealth, or convenient access to existing solutions?
– Do the Blended Course Design decisions we make today help people and the planet tomorrow?
– How do we maintain Blended Course Designs Integrity?
Flex model of learning Critical Criteria:
Facilitate Flex model of learning tactics and figure out ways to motivate other Flex model of learning users.
– How will we insure seamless interoperability of Blended Course Design moving forward?
– What are the barriers to increased Blended Course Design production?
Flipped classroom Critical Criteria:
Grasp Flipped classroom adoptions and document what potential Flipped classroom megatrends could make our business model obsolete.
– What role does communication play in the success or failure of a Blended Course Design project?
– Who will be responsible for documenting the Blended Course Design requirements in detail?
– Why is Blended Course Design important for you now?
Information and communication technologies Critical Criteria:
Distinguish Information and communication technologies visions and achieve a single Information and communication technologies view and bringing data together.
– Will new equipment/products be required to facilitate Blended Course Design delivery for example is new software needed?
– How to deal with Blended Course Design Changes?
Information technology Critical Criteria:
Examine Information technology planning and intervene in Information technology processes and leadership.
– Does your company have defined information technology risk performance metrics that are monitored and reported to management on a regular basis?
– Do the response plans address damage assessment, site restoration, payroll, Human Resources, information technology, and administrative support?
– If a survey was done with asking organizations; Is there a line between your information technology department and your information security department?
– How do we ensure that implementations of Blended Course Design products are done in a way that ensures safety?
– How does new information technology come to be applied and diffused among firms?
– The difference between data/information and information technology (it)?
– When do you ask for help from Information Technology (IT)?
Instructor-led training Critical Criteria:
Consolidate Instructor-led training quality and look at it backwards.
– Is Blended Course Design Realistic, or are you setting yourself up for failure?
Khan Academy Critical Criteria:
Refer to Khan Academy planning and achieve a single Khan Academy view and bringing data together.
– Is maximizing Blended Course Design protection the same as minimizing Blended Course Design loss?
– Does Blended Course Design analysis isolate the fundamental causes of problems?
Learning Tools Interoperability Critical Criteria:
Study Learning Tools Interoperability governance and find the ideas you already have.
– What are the success criteria that will indicate that Blended Course Design objectives have been met and the benefits delivered?
– Is Supporting Blended Course Design documentation required?
Learning management system Critical Criteria:
Rank Learning management system planning and catalog Learning management system activities.
– With regards to competency management are you looking to build your own competencies, or integrate with a competency library that you already have in place?
– What is a good on line teaching platform that makes it easy for team teaching between different institutions?
– Do we collect and manipulate source data into a mutually agreed upon flat-file specification?
– What is an online learning center solution or customer extranet to upload documentation for customers?
– To what extent do we require the vendor to support our organization with end-user rollout?
– Do we have personnel that will be designated as the owners and managers of the lms?
– Do we require the vendor to host and/or manage custom and off-the-shelf titles?
– What is your anticipated go live date with the new application you select?
– How can we ensure that training is done on time or done at all?
– Is your LMS integrated to your current enterprise software?
– What is the size of the existing content libraries?
– How can an lms enhance the learning environment?
– Do we currently use any content authoring tools?
– Can you define what cascading style sheets are?
– Are there any drop dead start or go-dead dates?
– Content Does we purchase content from 3rd party vendors?
– What is a learning management system?
– Do we have Production-ready content?
– What does it mean to you?
Lecture recording Critical Criteria:
Graph Lecture recording visions and point out Lecture recording tensions in leadership.
– What vendors make products that address the Blended Course Design needs?
– What are specific Blended Course Design Rules to follow?
– What will drive Blended Course Design change?
Mainframe computer Critical Criteria:
Use past Mainframe computer management and interpret which customers can’t participate in Mainframe computer because they lack skills.
– How do senior leaders actions reflect a commitment to the organizations Blended Course Design values?
– In a project to restructure Blended Course Design outcomes, which stakeholders would you involve?
Media psychology Critical Criteria:
Jump start Media psychology decisions and pay attention to the small things.
– Do we cover the five essential competencies-Communication, Collaboration,Innovation, Adaptability, and Leadership that improve an organizations ability to leverage the new Blended Course Design in a volatile global economy?
Mixed reality Critical Criteria:
Detail Mixed reality adoptions and plan concise Mixed reality education.
– What management system can we use to leverage the Blended Course Design experience, ideas, and concerns of the people closest to the work to be done?
– What tools and technologies are needed for a custom Blended Course Design project?
Mobile technology Critical Criteria:
Scrutinze Mobile technology projects and develop and take control of the Mobile technology initiative.
– How important is Blended Course Design to the user organizations mission?
– Are assumptions made in Blended Course Design stated explicitly?
Networked learning Critical Criteria:
Air ideas re Networked learning results and create a map for yourself.
– Will Blended Course Design deliverables need to be tested and, if so, by whom?
Online driver Critical Criteria:
Define Online driver projects and research ways can we become the Online driver company that would put us out of business.
– Which individuals, teams or departments will be involved in Blended Course Design?
– What business benefits will Blended Course Design goals deliver if achieved?
Personalized learning Critical Criteria:
Analyze Personalized learning outcomes and sort Personalized learning activities.
– Who will be responsible for deciding whether Blended Course Design goes ahead or not after the initial investigations?
– What knowledge, skills and characteristics mark a good Blended Course Design project manager?
Rotation model of learning Critical Criteria:
Deliberate Rotation model of learning adoptions and explain and analyze the challenges of Rotation model of learning.
Schools Interoperability Framework Critical Criteria:
Review Schools Interoperability Framework governance and achieve a single Schools Interoperability Framework view and bringing data together.
– Does Blended Course Design create potential expectations in other areas that need to be recognized and considered?
– What are the long-term Blended Course Design goals?
Self-blended model of learning Critical Criteria:
Demonstrate Self-blended model of learning planning and observe effective Self-blended model of learning.
– For your Blended Course Design project, identify and describe the business environment. is there more than one layer to the business environment?
– What is the source of the strategies for Blended Course Design strengthening and reform?
Synchronous learning Critical Criteria:
Unify Synchronous learning planning and correct better engagement with Synchronous learning results.
– How will you know that the Blended Course Design project has been successful?
– How do we Lead with Blended Course Design in Mind?
The National Council of Teachers of English Critical Criteria:
Look at The National Council of Teachers of English governance and remodel and develop an effective The National Council of Teachers of English strategy.
– Record-keeping requirements flow from the records needed as inputs, outputs, controls and for transformation of a Blended Course Design process. ask yourself: are the records needed as inputs to the Blended Course Design process available?
– Among the Blended Course Design product and service cost to be estimated, which is considered hardest to estimate?
The Washington Post Critical Criteria:
Pilot The Washington Post decisions and ask questions.
– Think of your Blended Course Design project. what are the main functions?
– What are the usability implications of Blended Course Design actions?
Virtual learning environment Critical Criteria:
Trace Virtual learning environment decisions and ask questions.
– Think about the people you identified for your Blended Course Design project and the project responsibilities you would assign to them. what kind of training do you think they would need to perform these responsibilities effectively?
– What are our needs in relation to Blended Course Design skills, labor, equipment, and markets?
– How does the organization define, manage, and improve its Blended Course Design processes?
Web conferencing Critical Criteria:
Generalize Web conferencing risks and budget for Web conferencing challenges.
– Which Blended Course Design goals are the most important?
– How can you measure Blended Course Design in a systematic way?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Blended Course Design Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Blended Course Design External links:
[PDF]BLENDED COURSE DESIGN: A SYNTHESIS OF …
The Blended Course Design Workbook – Home | Facebook
[PDF]BEST PRACTICES IN BLENDED COURSE DESIGN
Blended learning External links:
Blended Learning – Official Site
Blended Learning for Reading Intervention and Instruction
Blended Learning — Personalized Education | Rasmussen …
21st century skills External links:
21st Century Skills Definition – The Glossary of …
What are 21st century skills? | Thoughtful Learning K-12
You For Youth // Building 21st Century Skills
Academic standards External links:
Academic Standards (K-12) – Minnesota Department of …
Colorado Standards – Academic Standards | CDE
Academic Standards (K-12)
Access For Learning Community External links:
Access For Learning Community – Revolvy
https://update.revolvy.com/topic/Access For Learning Community
Access For Learning Community – WOW.com
Differentiated instruction External links:
What is Differentiated Instruction? Examples of …
http://Differentiated instruction and assessment is a framework or philosophy for effective teaching that involves providing different students with different avenues to learning in terms of: acquiring content; processing, constructing, or making sense of ideas; and developing teaching materials and assessment measures so that all students within a classroom can learn effectively, regardless of differences in ability. Students vary in culture, socioeconomic status, language, gender, motivation, ability/disability, personal interests and more, and teachers must be aware of these varieties as they plan curriculum. By considering varied learning needs, teachers can develop personalized instruction so that all children in the classroom can learn effectively. Differentiated classrooms have also been described as ones that respond to student variety in readiness levels, interests and learning profiles. It is a classroom that includes all students and can be successful. To do this, a teacher sets different expectations for task completion for students based upon their individual needs.
eSpark Learning – Differentiated Instruction at Scale
Digital badge External links:
Online Certified Gardener Classes | Digital Badge Program
CGFM Digital Badge – AGA
Digital Badges | HASTAC
Digital divide External links:
Home | Digital Divide Data
Closing the Digital Divide | Google Fiber Community Impact
What is the digital divide – Answers.com
Digital literacy External links:
Home | Northstar Digital Literacy Assessment
Digital Literacy Overview – microsoft.com
Digital Literacy Home – microsoft.com
Digital natives External links:
Raising Digital Natives
Digital Natives | Tools, Publications & Resources
Digital Natives Group | About
Educational technology External links:
Hispanic Educational Technology Services
HOME – Office of Educational Technology
OETC – Educational Technology Purchasing Consortium
Flex model of learning External links:
Flex model of learning – revolvy.com
https://www.revolvy.com/topic/Flex model of learning
Flipped classroom External links:
10 Pros And Cons Of A Flipped Classroom – TeachThought
The Flipped Classroom | Duke School of Nursing
Flipped Classroom Infographic | Knewton
Information technology External links:
Umail | University Information Technology Services
Information Technology (IT) Industry & Association | CompTIA
Rebelmail | UNLV Office of Information Technology (OIT)
Instructor-led training External links:
FVS Instructor-Led Training – US Forest Service
Instructor-Led Training | Training | CompTIA IT Certifications
Instructor-Led Training (ILT)
Khan Academy External links:
Official SAT Practice on Khan Academy – College Board
Khan Academy, Mountain View, CA. 1.3M likes. We’re on a mission to provide a free world class education for anyone, anywhere. Join us!
Khan Academy – Home | Facebook
Learning Tools Interoperability External links:
Toolwire Basic Learning Tools Interoperability
Learning management system External links:
LBCC’s Student Learning Management System (LMS)
Canvas Learning Management System @ Bellevue College
SLMS – New York Statewide Learning Management System
Lecture recording External links:
Lecture recording – VCU School of Medicine Technology …
Lecture Recordings – University of South Australia
Ian billinghurst Lecture Recording – YouTube
Mainframe computer External links:
IBM Mainframe Computer Operator Jobs, Employment | …
Last operating ICT 1301 mainframe computer set to run again
Mainframe Computer Operator Jobs – Apply Now | …
Media psychology External links:
Social Media Psychology – Google+
Faculty Media Psychology Jobs, Employment | Indeed.com
Mixed reality External links:
All Categories — Windows Mixed Reality Developer Forum
Windows Mixed Reality – developer.microsoft.com
Windows Mixed Reality PC hardware guidelines
Mobile technology External links:
Callyo | Mobile Technology for Law Enforcement
Mobile Technology Device Protection – Careers | Asurion
How Mobile Technology Can Impact Care Team …
Networked learning External links:
[PDF]A Networked Learning Model for Construction of …
index | Networked Learning Initiatives | Virginia Tech
Open Networked learning
Online driver External links:
Georgia 30-Hour Online Driver Education Course
State of Tennessee Online Driver Services
Online Driver Courses and Training | Ticket School
Personalized learning External links:
Personalized Learning – Northern Arizona University
Schools Interoperability Framework External links:
Schools Interoperability Framework | edtechdigest.com
Self-blended model of learning External links:
Self-blended model of learning – WOW.com
Self-blended model of learning | Marketing Insiders
“Self-blended model of learning” on Revolvy.com
https://update.revolvy.com/topic/Self-blended model of learning
Synchronous learning External links:
NOBTS – Synchronous Learning
Synchronous learning legal definition of Synchronous learning
The Washington Post External links:
The Washington Post: My Newsletters
Play Spider Solitaire | Washington Post – The Washington Post
The Washington Post
Virtual learning environment External links:
MSE Virtual Learning Environment
Welcome to the NCPro Virtual Learning Environment
Web conferencing External links:
ReadyTalk Conferencing > Web Conferencing