What is involved in Data Management
Find out what the related areas are that Data Management connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Data Management thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Enterprise Metadata Management journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Enterprise Metadata Management leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Data Management related domains to cover and 397 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Data Management, Computer data storage, Solution stack, Business intelligence, Controlled vocabulary, Data modeling, Business continuity planning, Data proliferation, Data enrichment, Knowledge management, Data quality assurance, Big data, Information management, Data theft, Metadata publishing, Data governance, Data warehouse, Data steward, Document management system, Email address, Hierarchical storage management, Data retention, Data erasure, Customer data integration, Data Management, Reference data, Data management plan, Data architecture, Data quality, Data integration, Data access, Metadata discovery, Performance report, Machine-Readable Documents, Metadata registry, Identity management, Data integrity, Information repository, Random access, Database administration, Records management, Information design, CRM software, ERP software, Marketing operations, Digital preservation, Data maintenance, Data asset, Master data management, Management fad, Database management system, Data privacy, Identity theft, Data processing, Data mining, Information ladder, Data analysis, Process Management, Postal code, Data security, Information Lifecycle Management, Open data, Information system, Enterprise content management, Relational database, Document management, Competence Center Corporate Data Quality, Information architecture, Telephone number, System integration, Data curation:
Data Management Critical Criteria:
Troubleshoot Data Management tactics and overcome Data Management skills and management ineffectiveness.
– Have standard policies and procedures about all aspects of data governance and th edata management lifecycle, including collection, maintenance, usage and dissemination, been clearly defined and documented?
– Does the original data collector/ creator/ principal owner retain the right to use the data before opening it up to wider use?
– How do you ensure that new members of staff know their role and responsibilities regarding information and Data Management?
– How will this data be exploited and/or shared/made accessible for verification and reuse?
– Are there skills gaps around information and Data Management in your organization?
– If your data is stored elsewhere, how long will they provide access to your data?
– Will security and access codes be retained on archived data after the project?
– How long will the data be kept beyond the life of the project?
– File availability is the assigned external file available?
– Should the data management plan be kept with the data?
– How will you capture, create, and/or process the data?
– Who will need to view documents (sales & production)?
– Where and on what media will you store the data?
– What data is generated by your organization?
– How is the data being stored and backed up?
– What will the costs of managing data be?
– Are the qa/qc steps being documented?
– Who decides which data to keep?
– How/who will create metadata?
– Who provides PDM software?
Computer data storage Critical Criteria:
Reason over Computer data storage engagements and look for lots of ideas.
– Among the Data Management product and service cost to be estimated, which is considered hardest to estimate?
– Who is responsible for ensuring appropriate resources (time, people and money) are allocated to Data Management?
– Does Data Management appropriately measure and monitor risk?
Solution stack Critical Criteria:
Confer re Solution stack issues and spearhead techniques for implementing Solution stack.
– What are our needs in relation to Data Management skills, labor, equipment, and markets?
– How do we Identify specific Data Management investment and emerging trends?
– Can we do Data Management without complex (expensive) analysis?
Business intelligence Critical Criteria:
Be clear about Business intelligence failures and oversee Business intelligence management by competencies.
– If on-premise software is a must, a balance of choice and simplicity is essential. When specific users are viewing and interacting with analytics, can you use a named-user licensing model that offers accessibility without the need for hardware considerations?
– Forget right-click and control+z. mobile interactions are fundamentally different from those on a desktop. does your mobile solution allow you to interact with desktop-authored dashboards using touchscreen gestures like taps, flicks, and pinches?
– Does your bi solution have dashboards that automatically authenticate and provide the appropriate level of detail based on a users privileges to the data source?
– Does your BI solution create a strong partnership with IT to ensure that data, whether from extracts or live connections, is 100-percent accurate?
– Does the software provide fast query performance, either via its own fast in-memory software or by directly connecting to fast data stores?
– Can your software connect to all forms of data, from text and Excel files to cloud and enterprise-grade databases, with a few clicks?
– Can you easily add users and features to quickly scale and customize to your organizations specific needs?
– What is the difference between a data scientist and a business intelligence analyst?
– what is the BI software application landscape going to look like in the next 5 years?
– Does your bi solution allow analytical insights to happen anywhere and everywhere?
– Was your software written by your organization or acquired from a third party?
– Does your BI solution require weeks or months to deploy or change?
– What are the pros and cons of outsourcing business intelligence?
– What are the trends shaping the future of business analytics?
– What are the best use cases for Mobile Business Intelligence?
– Will your product work from a mobile device?
– Describe any training materials offered?
– Do you still need a data warehouse?
– Does your system provide APIs?
– Business Intelligence Tools?
Controlled vocabulary Critical Criteria:
Study Controlled vocabulary outcomes and observe effective Controlled vocabulary.
– Who will provide the final approval of Data Management deliverables?
– Does the Data Management task fit the clients priorities?
– Why should we adopt a Data Management framework?
Data modeling Critical Criteria:
Frame Data modeling outcomes and modify and define the unique characteristics of interactive Data modeling projects.
– What other organizational variables, such as reward systems or communication systems, affect the performance of this Data Management process?
– What may be the consequences for the performance of an organization if all stakeholders are not consulted regarding Data Management?
– In a project to restructure Data Management outcomes, which stakeholders would you involve?
Business continuity planning Critical Criteria:
Guide Business continuity planning risks and budget for Business continuity planning challenges.
– Does Data Management include applications and information with regulatory compliance significance (or other contractual conditions that must be formally complied with) in a new or unique manner for which no approved security requirements, templates or design models exist?
– What are the top 3 things at the forefront of our Data Management agendas for the next 3 years?
– What is the role of digital document management in business continuity planning management?
– When a Data Management manager recognizes a problem, what options are available?
– What is business continuity planning and why is it important?
Data proliferation Critical Criteria:
Grasp Data proliferation engagements and sort Data proliferation activities.
– What new services of functionality will be implemented next with Data Management ?
– What business benefits will Data Management goals deliver if achieved?
– How would one define Data Management leadership?
Data enrichment Critical Criteria:
Depict Data enrichment quality and reinforce and communicate particularly sensitive Data enrichment decisions.
– How do senior leaders actions reflect a commitment to the organizations Data Management values?
– How can we improve Data Management?
Knowledge management Critical Criteria:
See the value of Knowledge management issues and oversee Knowledge management management by competencies.
– Learning Systems Analysis: once one has a good grasp of the current state of the organization, there is still an important question that needs to be asked: what is the organizations potential for developing and changing – in the near future and in the longer term?
– What are the best practices in knowledge management for IT Service management ITSM?
– What is the source of the strategies for Data Management strengthening and reform?
– What best practices in knowledge management for Service management do we use?
– How do we manage Data Management Knowledge Management (KM)?
– When is Knowledge Management Measured?
– How is Knowledge Management Measured?
– Are there Data Management Models?
Data quality assurance Critical Criteria:
Have a session on Data quality assurance failures and do something to it.
– What will be the consequences to the business (financial, reputation etc) if Data Management does not go ahead or fails to deliver the objectives?
– What tools and technologies are needed for a custom Data Management project?
– What vendors make products that address the Data Management needs?
Big data Critical Criteria:
Differentiate Big data goals and find the ideas you already have.
– Which departments in your organization are involved in using data technologies and data analytics?
– To what extent does data-driven innovation add to the competitive advantage (CA) of your company?
– Do you see areas in your domain or across domains where vendor lock-in is a potential risk?
– Wheres the evidence that using big data intelligently will improve business performance?
– How are the new Big Data developments captured in new Reference Architectures?
– Which other Oracle Business Intelligence products are used in your solution?
– How will systems and methods evolve to remove Big Data solution weaknesses?
– What if the needle in the haystack happens to be a complex data structure?
– What new Security and Privacy challenge arise from new Big Data solutions?
– When we plan and design, how well do we capture previous experience?
– How much data is really relevant to the problem solution?
– Can we really afford to store and process all that data?
– More efficient all-to-all operations (similarities)?
– Why use expensive machines when cheap ones suffice?
– Isnt big data just another way of saying analytics?
– What is tacit permission and approval, anyway?
– So how are managers using big data?
– what is Different about Big Data?
– What is Advanced Analytics?
Information management Critical Criteria:
Model after Information management leadership and research ways can we become the Information management company that would put us out of business.
– Who will be responsible for deciding whether Data Management goes ahead or not after the initial investigations?
– What is the difference between Enterprise Information Management and Data Warehousing?
– How will you know that the Data Management project has been successful?
– How is Business Intelligence and Information Management related?
Data theft Critical Criteria:
Communicate about Data theft leadership and remodel and develop an effective Data theft strategy.
– Meeting the challenge: are missed Data Management opportunities costing us money?
– Will Data Management deliverables need to be tested and, if so, by whom?
– Are we Assessing Data Management and Risk?
Metadata publishing Critical Criteria:
Infer Metadata publishing quality and cater for concise Metadata publishing education.
– Consider your own Data Management project. what types of organizational problems do you think might be causing or affecting your problem, based on the work done so far?
– What sources do you use to gather information for a Data Management study?
Data governance Critical Criteria:
Model after Data governance goals and catalog Data governance activities.
– Has an assessment been conducted to ensure the long-term sustainability of the proposed or established data governance policies and procedures, including adequate staffing, tools, technologies, and resources?
– Have internal procedural controls been established to manage user data access, including security screenings, training, and confidentiality agreements required for staff with pii access privileges?
– Does the organization have a written plan outlining processes for monitoring compliance with its established policies and procedures?
– Have mechanisms been put in place to de-identify data whenever possible(e.g.,by removing all direct and indirect identifiers)?
– How is the chief executive or equivalent management board consulted and/or informed of information governance issues?
– Metrics generation opportunities can this field or table create useful metrics or appear on a dca dashboard?
– In relation to information governance, what are the key challenges or changes facing your organization?
– How is the organization kept informed of information/data governance issues or decisions?
– What process should be implemented to review and approve requests for information?
– What is the cost (time, money, resources) associated with this new collection?
– Are there opportunities from making this available to a broader audience?
– Why is the need to implement data governance urgent?
– How can data governance be implemented?
– Do you have a role in data governance?
– Are there recognized Data Management problems?
– Is unnecessary capability harmful?
– How effective is data governance?
– Why have a data governance plan?
– Why is data governance needed?
– Who is responsible ?
Data warehouse Critical Criteria:
Huddle over Data warehouse leadership and oversee implementation of Data warehouse.
– Do we need an enterprise data warehouse, a Data Lake, or both as part of our overall data architecture?
– What does a typical data warehouse and business intelligence organizational structure look like?
– Does big data threaten the traditional data warehouse business intelligence model stack?
– Is data warehouseing necessary for our business intelligence service?
– Is Data Warehouseing necessary for a business intelligence service?
– What is the difference between a database and data warehouse?
– What is the purpose of data warehouses and data marts?
– What are alternatives to building a data warehouse?
– Do we offer a good introduction to data warehouse?
– Centralized data warehouse?
– What is Effective Data Management?
Data steward Critical Criteria:
Judge Data steward risks and drive action.
– Have data stewards (e.g.,program managers) responsible for coordinating data governance activities been identified and assigned to each specific domain of activity?
– How do mission and objectives affect the Data Management processes of our organization?
– Have you identified your Data Management key performance indicators?
– Can Management personnel recognize the monetary benefit of Data Management?
– Other data stewards?
Document management system Critical Criteria:
Nurse Document management system risks and figure out ways to motivate other Document management system users.
– What are the business goals Data Management is aiming to achieve?
– How much does Data Management help?
Email address Critical Criteria:
Investigate Email address adoptions and report on the economics of relationships managing Email address and constraints.
– In CRM we keep record of email addresses and phone numbers of our customers employees. Will we now need to ask for explicit permission to store them?
– Who is currently performing the database work, and how big is the legacy database in terms of addresses, email addresses, touches, preferences?
– Are a customers business phone number; business email address and business IP address also considered to be personal data?
– Is there a Data Management Communication plan covering who needs to get what information when?
– Who are the key service provider and customer contacts (name, phone number, email address)?
– Who will be responsible for documenting the Data Management requirements in detail?
– Have all basic functions of Data Management been defined?
Hierarchical storage management Critical Criteria:
See the value of Hierarchical storage management leadership and adopt an insight outlook.
– How do we go about Comparing Data Management approaches/solutions?
Data retention Critical Criteria:
Huddle over Data retention issues and ask questions.
– Traditional data protection principles include fair and lawful data processing; data collection for specified, explicit, and legitimate purposes; accurate and kept up-to-date data; data retention for no longer than necessary. Are additional principles and requirements necessary for IoT applications?
– To what extent does management recognize Data Management as a tool to increase the results?
– How do we know that any Data Management analysis is complete and comprehensive?
Data erasure Critical Criteria:
Add value to Data erasure risks and track iterative Data erasure results.
– Who are the people involved in developing and implementing Data Management?
– Which Data Management goals are the most important?
Customer data integration Critical Criteria:
Ventilate your thoughts about Customer data integration leadership and stake your claim.
– For your Data Management project, identify and describe the business environment. is there more than one layer to the business environment?
– Does Data Management create potential expectations in other areas that need to be recognized and considered?
– What potential environmental factors impact the Data Management effort?
Data Management Critical Criteria:
Use past Data Management risks and oversee Data Management management by competencies.
– If funding is project-based and therefore time-limited, how will the costs of long-term preservation be supported?
– How can costs be managed to support compliance and good practice rather than hinder the uptake?
– Do any countries force cloud based companies to house data within that countrys data centers?
– Are the data disseminated internally only or made available outside the organization?
– How can ethical issues be identified so that consent forms can be developed?
– Who is involved in decisions about information/Data Management, and how?
– Does your project or program have a specific repository for your data?
– What software development and data management tools been selected?
– How can an organization understand what data it needs to manage?
– Have you checked all possible sources for your data needs?
– What data would be prohibitively expensive to recreate?
– What data are not included at the basic level?
– What file type will be used to store the data?
– What are the functions of data management?
– What is your backup plan for the data?
– How accurate is your product data?
– Who will have access to the data?
– What is the information context?
– How will costs be managed?
Reference data Critical Criteria:
Grade Reference data results and define Reference data competency-based leadership.
– Marketing budgets are tighter, consumers are more skeptical, and social media has changed forever the way we talk about Data Management. How do we gain traction?
– How to deal with Data Management Changes?
Data management plan Critical Criteria:
Guard Data management plan tasks and report on the economics of relationships managing Data management plan and constraints.
– Who will be responsible for making the decisions to include or exclude requested changes once Data Management is underway?
– What would be needed in a data management plan to describe use of novel equipment?
– Who is responsible for managing the data and the data management plan?
– Where will the data and data management plan be stored?
– Who needs to know about Data Management ?
– What is a data management plan?
Data architecture Critical Criteria:
Interpolate Data architecture leadership and finalize the present value of growth of Data architecture.
– Can we describe the data architecture and relationship between key variables. for example, are data stored in a spreadsheet with one row for each person/entity, a relational database, or some other format?
– Does your bi software work well with both centralized and decentralized data architectures and vendors?
– How do we Improve Data Management service perception, and satisfaction?
Data quality Critical Criteria:
Analyze Data quality failures and slay a dragon.
– Does the design of the program/projects overall data collection and reporting system ensure that, if implemented as planned, it will collect and report quality data?
– Do the data collected, analyzed and reported have established mechanisms in place to reduce manipulation or simple errors in transcription?
– Validation: does data meet analytic and sample specific requirements (usually done by a qa officer or external party)?
– Which quality elements and parameters do you test and what types of methods do you use to evaluate quality?
– Does clear documentation of collection, aggregation, and manipulation steps exist?
– Do you define jargon and other terminology used in data collection tools?
– Is information on the physical properties of the media required?
– Can you get full access to the data that you would like to use?
– Can good algorithms, models, heuristics overcome Data Quality problems?
– Describe the overall aim of your policy and context?
– Verification: is the data complete and correct?
– Are we Working with cloud applications?
– Scan individual records are there gaps?
– Is the frequency of review identified?
– What do we mean by Data Quality ?
– Where is the domain expertise?
– Can Data Quality be improved?
– Is the system acceptable?
– Where do you clean data?
– Is the system simple?
Data integration Critical Criteria:
Disseminate Data integration outcomes and reduce Data integration costs.
– What tools do you use once you have decided on a Data Management strategy and more importantly how do you choose?
– In which area(s) do data integration and BI, as part of Fusion Middleware, help our IT infrastructure?
– How do we make it meaningful in connecting Data Management with what users do day-to-day?
– Which Oracle Data Integration products are used in your solution?
Data access Critical Criteria:
Gauge Data access projects and probe the present value of growth of Data access.
– Where do ideas that reach policy makers and planners as proposals for Data Management strengthening and reform actually originate?
– What impact would the naming conventions and the use of homegrown software have on later data access?
– What are the data access requirements for standard file, message, and data management?
– Do we monitor the Data Management decisions made and fine tune them as they evolve?
– What should be our public authorities policy with regards to data access?
– What impact would the naming conventions have on later data access?
– What are the effects software updates have on later data access?
– What are the implications of tracking/monitoring data access?
– How are data accessed?
Metadata discovery Critical Criteria:
Shape Metadata discovery leadership and explore and align the progress in Metadata discovery.
– Which individuals, teams or departments will be involved in Data Management?
– Do we have past Data Management Successes?
– How do we keep improving Data Management?
Performance report Critical Criteria:
Review Performance report results and know what your objective is.
– Do we obtain it performance reports illustrating the value of it from a business driver perspective (Customer Service, cost, agility, quality, etc.)?
– Is Supporting Data Management documentation required?
– How will you measure your Data Management effectiveness?
Machine-Readable Documents Critical Criteria:
Participate in Machine-Readable Documents projects and stake your claim.
– Think of your Data Management project. what are the main functions?
Metadata registry Critical Criteria:
Mine Metadata registry goals and research ways can we become the Metadata registry company that would put us out of business.
– Are accountability and ownership for Data Management clearly defined?
– What are the short and long-term Data Management goals?
Identity management Critical Criteria:
Canvass Identity management visions and use obstacles to break out of ruts.
– With so many identity management systems proposed, the big question is which one, if any, will provide the identity solution to become standard across the internet?
– Do we keep track of who the leading providers of identity management products and services are, and what are their key offerings, differentiators and strategies?
– How is the market for identity management evolving in new technologies, market trends and drivers, and user requirements?
– Did we develop our saas identity management solution in house or was it acquired from other vendors?
– Complement identity management and help desk solutions with closedloop import and export?
– How will we insure seamless interoperability of Data Management moving forward?
– What is the security -life cycle identity management business case?
– What are the identity management facilities of the provider?
– What is a secure identity management infrastructure?
– How can skill-level changes improve Data Management?
– What is identity management to us (idm)?
– What are specific Data Management Rules to follow?
– How can identity management help?
– What about identity management?
Data integrity Critical Criteria:
Test Data integrity decisions and research ways can we become the Data integrity company that would put us out of business.
– Integrity/availability/confidentiality: How are data integrity, availability, and confidentiality maintained in the cloud?
– What is the purpose of Data Management in relation to the mission?
– Can we rely on the Data Integrity?
– Data Integrity, Is it SAP created?
Information repository Critical Criteria:
Recall Information repository tactics and integrate design thinking in Information repository innovation.
– Do the Data Management decisions we make today help people and the planet tomorrow?
– What are all of our Data Management domains and what do they do?
Random access Critical Criteria:
Tête-à-tête about Random access issues and get out your magnifying glass.
– Does our organization need more Data Management education?
Database administration Critical Criteria:
Depict Database administration governance and describe which business rules are needed as Database administration interface.
– Rapid application development (rad) techniques have been around for about two decades now and have been used with varying degrees of success. sometimes rad is required for certain projects. but rad can be bad for database design. why?
– Disaster recovery planning, also called contingency planning, is the process of preparing your organizations assets and operations in case of a disaster. but what do we define as a disaster?
– What are our disaster recovery goal prioritazations? Do we want to get the system up as quickly as possible?
– Who should be called in case of Disaster Recovery?
Records management Critical Criteria:
Reason over Records management management and simulate teachings and consultations on quality process improvement of Records management.
– What are your current levels and trends in key measures or indicators of Data Management product and process performance that are important to and directly serve your customers? how do these results compare with the performance of your competitors and other organizations with similar offerings?
– What are your key performance measures or indicators and in-process measures for the control and improvement of your Data Management processes?
– Have records center personnel received training on the records management aspects of the Quality Assurance program?
Information design Critical Criteria:
Deliberate over Information design decisions and oversee Information design requirements.
– What are the best places schools to study data visualization information design or information architecture?
– Will new equipment/products be required to facilitate Data Management delivery for example is new software needed?
CRM software Critical Criteria:
Categorize CRM software tasks and question.
– What are the success criteria that will indicate that Data Management objectives have been met and the benefits delivered?
– How can you negotiate Data Management successfully with a stubborn boss, an irate client, or a deceitful coworker?
– Is there an organized user group specifically for the CRM software?
ERP software Critical Criteria:
Check ERP software adoptions and probe using an integrated framework to make sure ERP software is getting what it needs.
– At what point will vulnerability assessments be performed once Data Management is put into production (e.g., ongoing Risk Management after implementation)?
– What ERP software has B2B B2C eCommerce WebStore Integration?
Marketing operations Critical Criteria:
Add value to Marketing operations failures and remodel and develop an effective Marketing operations strategy.
– Do we cover the five essential competencies-Communication, Collaboration,Innovation, Adaptability, and Leadership that improve an organizations ability to leverage the new Data Management in a volatile global economy?
– What are current Data Management Paradigms?
Digital preservation Critical Criteria:
Transcribe Digital preservation management and point out Digital preservation tensions in leadership.
– Is there any existing Data Management governance structure?
– How is the value delivered by Data Management being measured?
– What are our Data Management Processes?
Data maintenance Critical Criteria:
Cut a stake in Data maintenance visions and clarify ways to gain access to competitive Data maintenance services.
– How do we ensure that implementations of Data Management products are done in a way that ensures safety?
– Who is the main stakeholder, with ultimate responsibility for driving Data Management forward?
– Who sets the Data Management standards?
Data asset Critical Criteria:
See the value of Data asset tactics and look in other fields.
– What are the particular research needs of your organization on big data analytics that you find essential to adequately handle your data assets?
– Is there a catalog of all data assets that will be used or stored in the cloud environment?
– What are the Key enablers to make this Data Management move?
– How can you measure Data Management in a systematic way?
– How to Secure Data Management?
Master data management Critical Criteria:
Guard Master data management projects and frame using storytelling to create more compelling Master data management projects.
– What are your results for key measures or indicators of the accomplishment of your Data Management strategy and action plans, including building and strengthening core competencies?
– Do those selected for the Data Management team have a good general understanding of what Data Management is all about?
– What are some of the master data management architecture patterns?
– Why should we use or invest in a Master Data Management product?
– Is a Data Management Team Work effort in place?
– What Is Master Data Management?
Management fad Critical Criteria:
Meet over Management fad strategies and integrate design thinking in Management fad innovation.
Database management system Critical Criteria:
Deliberate Database management system risks and probe using an integrated framework to make sure Database management system is getting what it needs.
– What database management systems have been implemented?
Data privacy Critical Criteria:
Test Data privacy leadership and point out improvements in Data privacy.
– Are stakeholders, including eligible students or students parents, regularly notified about their rights under applicable federal and state laws governing data privacy?
– Will the GDPR set up a one-stop-shop for data privacy regulation?
Identity theft Critical Criteria:
Pay attention to Identity theft decisions and slay a dragon.
– Identity theft could also be an inside job. Employees at big companies that host e-mail services have physical access to e-mail accounts. How do you know nobodys reading it?
Data processing Critical Criteria:
Contribute to Data processing failures and explain and analyze the challenges of Data processing.
– What are some strategies for capacity planning for big data processing and cloud computing?
– Who regulates/controls wording of the Consent for personal data processing document?
– Is the Data Management organization completing tasks effectively and efficiently?
– Can the consent for personal data processing be granted to us over the phone?
– Do you see a need to share data processing facilities?
Data mining Critical Criteria:
Align Data mining management and define what our big hairy audacious Data mining goal is.
– Record-keeping requirements flow from the records needed as inputs, outputs, controls and for transformation of a Data Management process. ask yourself: are the records needed as inputs to the Data Management process available?
– Do you see the need to clarify copyright aspects of the data-driven innovation (e.g. with respect to technologies such as text and data mining)?
– Do we aggressively reward and promote the people who have the biggest impact on creating excellent Data Management services/products?
– What are the disruptive Data Management technologies that enable our organization to radically change our business processes?
– What types of transactional activities and data mining are being used and where do we see the greatest potential benefits?
– What is the difference between Data Analytics Data Analysis Data Mining and Data Science?
– What is the difference between business intelligence business analytics and data mining?
– Is business intelligence set to play a key role in the future of Human Resources?
– What programs do we have to teach data mining?
Information ladder Critical Criteria:
Study Information ladder results and inform on and uncover unspoken needs and breakthrough Information ladder results.
Data analysis Critical Criteria:
Shape Data analysis risks and report on the economics of relationships managing Data analysis and constraints.
– What are some real time data analysis frameworks?
– Why are Data Management skills important?
Process Management Critical Criteria:
Devise Process Management tasks and ask what if.
– In the case of a Data Management project, the criteria for the audit derive from implementation objectives. an audit of a Data Management project involves assessing whether the recommendations outlined for implementation have been met. in other words, can we track that any Data Management project is implemented as planned, and is it working?
– What process management and improvement tools are we using PDSA/PDCA, ISO 9000, Lean, Balanced Scorecard, Six Sigma, something else?
Postal code Critical Criteria:
Judge Postal code management and separate what are the business goals Postal code is aiming to achieve.
– How do we go about Securing Data Management?
Data security Critical Criteria:
Inquire about Data security adoptions and ask questions.
– Does the cloud solution offer equal or greater data security capabilities than those provided by your organizations data center?
– What are the minimum data security requirements for a database containing personal financial transaction records?
– What prevents me from making the changes I know will make me a more effective Data Management leader?
– Do these concerns about data security negate the value of storage-as-a-service in the cloud?
– What are the challenges related to cloud computing data security?
– So, what should you do to mitigate these risks to data security?
– Does it contain data security obligations?
– What is Data Security at Physical Layer?
– What is Data Security at Network Layer?
– How will you manage data security?
Information Lifecycle Management Critical Criteria:
Have a session on Information Lifecycle Management governance and shift your focus.
– What are the key elements of your Data Management performance improvement system, including your evaluation, organizational learning, and innovation processes?
Open data Critical Criteria:
Win new insights about Open data tactics and catalog what business benefits will Open data goals deliver if achieved.
– What is our formula for success in Data Management ?
Information system Critical Criteria:
Use past Information system leadership and get the big picture.
– Have we developed a continuous monitoring strategy for the information systems (including monitoring of security control effectiveness for system-specific, hybrid, and common controls) that reflects the organizational Risk Management strategy and organizational commitment to protecting critical missions and business functions?
– On what terms should a manager of information systems evolution and maintenance provide service and support to the customers of information systems evolution and maintenance?
– Has your organization conducted a cyber risk or vulnerability assessment of its information systems, control systems, and other networked systems?
– Are information security events and weaknesses associated with information systems communicated in a manner to allow timely corrective action to be taken?
– Would an information systems (is) group with more knowledge about a data production process produce better quality data for data consumers?
– Are information systems and the services of information systems things of value that have suppliers and customers?
– What does the customer get from the information systems performance, and on what does that depend, and when?
– Why Learn About Security, Privacy, and Ethical Issues in Information Systems and the Internet?
– What are information systems, and who are the stakeholders in the information systems game?
– What role does communication play in the success or failure of a Data Management project?
– Is unauthorized access to information held in information systems prevented?
– What does integrity ensure in an information system?
– Is authorized user access to information systems ensured?
– How are our information systems developed ?
– Is security an integral part of information systems?
Enterprise content management Critical Criteria:
Powwow over Enterprise content management issues and modify and define the unique characteristics of interactive Enterprise content management projects.
– Do you monitor the effectiveness of your Data Management activities?
Relational database Critical Criteria:
Study Relational database governance and learn.
– Are there any easy-to-implement alternatives to Data Management? Sometimes other solutions are available that do not require the cost implications of a full-blown project?
– Have the types of risks that may impact Data Management been identified and analyzed?
Document management Critical Criteria:
Infer Document management risks and triple focus on important concepts of Document management relationship management.
– How do we maintain Data Managements Integrity?
Competence Center Corporate Data Quality Critical Criteria:
Rank Competence Center Corporate Data Quality strategies and secure Competence Center Corporate Data Quality creativity.
– How does the organization define, manage, and improve its Data Management processes?
Information architecture Critical Criteria:
Guide Information architecture outcomes and research ways can we become the Information architecture company that would put us out of business.
– Erp versus big data are the two philosophies of information architecture consistent complementary or in conflict with each other?
– Are content chunks small enough that we can group them together on one page, or should they remain on separate pages?
– Can we ensure that staff will have access to all the information they need to perform their work in a timely manner?
– What do you find are the main obstacles to getting people to appreciate the value of information architecture?
– The kind of information the user wants: Do they want just a taste, or are they doing comprehensive research?
– How much information is being searched: Will users be overwhelmed by the number of documents retrieved?
– Is there a plan for documenting who the users of this information are and how they will use it?
– What are the major problems Web-site users encounter that information architecture addresses?
– The type of information being searched: Is it made up of structured fields or full text?
– What is the smallest section of content that needs to be individually indexed?
– What are the top 10-20 most frequently visited pages on your existing website?
– Take a look at the site structure listing. What are the major sections?
– How much information should be displayed for each retrieved document?
– Do some users come to the site frequently to perform routine tasks?
– What approaches to navigation work best in what situations?
– How many retrieved documents should be displayed?
– How should your website content be organized?
– Can the project adequately manage risks?
– How to show history / retain context?
– Is it obvious where links lead you?
Telephone number Critical Criteria:
Paraphrase Telephone number tactics and simulate teachings and consultations on quality process improvement of Telephone number.
– How do you determine the key elements that affect Data Management workforce satisfaction? how are these elements determined for different workforce groups and segments?
– How do we measure improved Data Management service perception, and satisfaction?
System integration Critical Criteria:
Focus on System integration risks and find the essential reading for System integration researchers.
– What management system can we use to leverage the Data Management experience, ideas, and concerns of the people closest to the work to be done?
– How do you address back-end system integration?
– Are there Data Management problems defined?
Data curation Critical Criteria:
Concentrate on Data curation outcomes and separate what are the business goals Data curation is aiming to achieve.
– Can we add value to the current Data Management decision-making process (largely qualitative) by incorporating uncertainty modeling (more quantitative)?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Enterprise Metadata Management Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Data Management External links:
Pursuant Health – Population Health Data Management
Meter Data Management System (MDMS)
What is data management? – Definition from WhatIs.com
Computer data storage External links:
computer data storage service – TheBlaze
Computer Data Storage Options – Ferris State University
Solution stack External links:
Solution Stack – Posts | Facebook
Nodus eStore Solution Stack Sales Tax Automation – Avalara
What is solution stack? – Definition from WhatIs.com
Business intelligence External links:
Mortgage Business Intelligence Software :: Motivity Solutions
Business Intelligence and Big Data Analytics Software
Controlled vocabulary External links:
What Is A Controlled Vocabulary? – Boxes and Arrows
What Is A Controlled Vocabulary? – Boxes and Arrows
Data modeling External links:
Data Modeling | IT Pro
Data modeling (Book, 1995) [WorldCat.org]
The Difference Between Data Analysis and Data Modeling
Business continuity planning External links:
Business Continuity Planning – Northwestern University
Business Continuity Planning – Business – Be Ready Utah
Business Continuity Planning Flashcards | Quizlet
Data proliferation External links:
[PDF]Data Proliferation STOP THAT – THIC
CPG Data Proliferation — Frain Industries
Data enrichment External links:
What is Data Enrichment? | Datanyze
What is Data Enrichment? – Definition from Techopedia
Data enrichment and append – Clearbit
Knowledge management External links:
Home | Center for Knowledge Management
KMN – Knowledge Management Network
Knowledge Management System – Login
Data quality assurance External links:
Data Quality Assurance Solutions – ObservePoint
What is Data Quality Assurance? (with picture) – wiseGEEK
Big data External links:
Take 5 Media Group – Build an audience using big data
Loudr: Big Data for Music Rights
ZestFinance.com: Machine Learning & Big Data Underwriting
Information management External links:
Health Information Management (HIM) Education and Training
Data theft External links:
China fintech lending boom fuels risks of data theft
Data governance External links:
What is data governance (DG)? – Definition from …
Data Governance – Do Job Titles Matter? – DATAVERSITY
Dataguise | Sensitive Data Governance
Data warehouse External links:
[PDF]Data Warehouse – Utility’s Smart Grid Clearinghouse
http://smartgrid.epri.com/UseCases/DW – Utility DOE SG Clearhouse_ph2add.pdf
Title Data Warehouse Analyst Jobs, Employment | Indeed.com
Enterprise Data Warehouse | IT@UMN
Data steward External links:
Seiner’s Data Steward Rules | TDAN.com
Data Steward Jobs, Employment | Indeed.com
20 Best Title:(data Steward) jobs (Hiring Now!) | Simply Hired
Document management system External links:
Certifications Document Management System – Archive
Doclink – Document Management System
Casnet – Document Management System & Scanning Services
Email address External links:
Find any email address with Clearbit Connect
Hierarchical storage management External links:
Sophos Anti-Virus: Hierarchical Storage Management – …
What is HSM (Hierarchical Storage Management)?
NetBackup and Hierarchical Storage Management (HSM) …
Data retention External links:
Data Retention – AbeBooks
[PDF]XtraMath Data Retention Policy
[DOC]Data Retention Policy – hr.waddell.com
Data erasure External links:
Data Erasure Resources – WhiteCanyon Software
Complete Data Removal, Data Erasure Software – Blancco
Secure and Certified Data Erasure Software — BitRaser
Customer data integration External links:
Customer Data Integration and Master Data Management
Customer Data Integration – Just another Tamr Inc. Sites site
Customer Data Integration | CDI | MuleSoft
Data Management External links:
Meter Data Management System (MDMS)
Pursuant Health – Population Health Data Management
Fountas & Pinnell Literacy Online Data Management System
Reference data External links:
Fiscal Service Financial Reference Data – TAS-BETCs
Reference data (Computer file, 2007) [WorldCat.org]
NJDOT Reference Data – New Jersey
Data management plan External links:
Data Management Plan Examples | NCSU Libraries
Write a data management plan | Data management
Data architecture External links:
Certica Solutions: K-12 Cloud Platform and Data Architecture
Data quality External links:
CWS Data Quality Portal
[PDF]Data Quality Report – arb.ca.gov
A3-4-02: Data Quality and Integrity (10/24/2016) – Fannie Mae
Data integration External links:
Data Integration Jobs, Employment | Indeed.com
Data access External links:
Colorado State Courts – Data Access – Home
Soil Data Access – Home
NOAA: Data Access Viewer
Metadata discovery External links:
Metadata discovery – Revolvy
Silwood Technology – Safyr® Metadata Discovery Software
Performance report External links:
The Mile Marker: A Caltrans Performance Report
[PDF]Schwab Performance Report | Q 2016
[PDF]OFFICER PERFORMANCE REPORT (Lt thru Col)
Machine-Readable Documents External links:
Machine-Readable Documents – Revolvy
Metadata registry External links:
A Metadata Registry for the Semantic Web – D-Lib Magazine
Identity management External links:
ALSDE Identity Management (AIM) « ALSDE (Alabama …
Colorado Department of Education Identity Management
Login Page – Planned Parenthood Identity Management
Data integrity External links:
Data Integrity Jobs, Employment | Indeed.com
Data Integrity Jobs – Apply Now | CareerBuilder
Data Integrity Services SM – Experian
Information repository External links:
DoDMERB Secure Applicant Information Repository – …
DoDMERB Secure Applicant Information Repository
Secure Information Repository[DOT HQ] – Sign In
Random access External links:
What is RAM – Random Access Memory? Webopedia …
Daft Punk Random Access Memories Album – YouTube
What is RAM? (aka Random Access Memory or Main Memory)
Database administration External links:
What is Database Administration? – Definition from Techopedia
Records management External links:
VA Records Management Center – Locations
Records Management by Federal Agencies (44 U.S.C. …
[PDF]TITLE Records Management Manual. Archives and …
Information design External links:
Michael Hanna Design-Visual Information Design Services
MIT 4.s02: Information Design | Fathom
CRM software External links:
CRM Software for Sales Acceleration | Base CRM
The Best CRM Software of 2017 | Top Ten Reviews
Simple CRM Software – Highrise
ERP software External links:
Munis Software | Financial ERP Software | Tyler Technologies
ERP Software | Epicor ERP
Cloud ERP Software Apps on the Salesforce Platform
Marketing operations External links:
Marketing Operations – Aprimo
Vienna Channels: Custom Marketing Operations
What is Marketing Operations? | Centric
Digital preservation External links:
Team Digital Preservation and the Deadly Cryptic …
Archivematica: open-source digital preservation system
Home | The Digital Preservation Network
Data maintenance External links:
Data Maintenance | Digital Data Technologies Inc
Job Information: Data Maintenance Specialist Job
Data Maintenance Specialist Jobs, Employment | Indeed.com
Data asset External links:
A data asset may be a system or application output file, database, document, or Web page. A data asset also includes a service that may be provided to access data from an application. For example, a service that returns individual records from a database would be a data asset.
Data Asset definitions – Defined Term
Data Asset Management Jobs, Employment | Indeed.com
Master data management External links:
Master Data Management | IBM Analytics
Best Master Data Management (MDM) Software in 2018 | G2 …
Management fad External links:
Is ‘mindfulness’ just another management fad? | Fortune
Is / Was Six Sigma a management fad? – Quora
Database management system External links:
ChurchSuite – Church Database Management System
Database Management System (DBMS) – Techopedia.com
Relational Database Management System (RDBMS) – …
Data privacy External links:
Microsoft Trust Center | Data Privacy Act
Mullen Coughlin – Cybersecurity & Data Privacy
Identity theft External links:
Identity Theft | Consumer Information
Identity Theft Protection | IDShield
[PDF]Identity Theft and Your Social Security Number
Data processing External links:
Automatic Data Processing Insurance Agency, Inc. | Contact …
Data Factory – Data processing service | Microsoft Azure
Southland Data Processing Inc – Login – Payentry
Data mining External links:
What is Data Mining in Healthcare?
Data mining | computer science | Britannica.com
Data Mining on the Florida Department of Corrections Website
Process Management External links:
Sales Process Management | ProspectStream
Infosys BPM – Business Process Management | BPM Solutions
HEFLO BPM | Business Process Management
Postal code External links:
YMCAs Near postal code | LIVESTRONG
[PDF]No. Company Name Address City State Postal Code …
Korea Postal Code System Change – FedEx
Data security External links:
What is data security – answers.com
Data Security from Multiple Levels of Protection | H&R Block®
[PDF]CPHS Data Security Requirements – CA OSHPD
Information Lifecycle Management External links:
[PDF]Information Lifecycle Management Policy
Open data External links:
Maine.gov | Open Data | Open Data Portal
Michigan | Open Data | Michigan | Open Data
NYC Open Data
Information system External links:
National Motor Vehicle Title Information System (NMVTIS)
National Motor Vehicle Title Information System
National Motor Vehicle Title Information System
Enterprise content management External links:
Enterprise Content Management (ECM) Services – Xerox
What is Enterprise Content Management (ECM)? – aiim.org
Relational database External links:
Cloud SQL – MySQL & PostgreSQL Relational Database …
How to Design Relational Database with ERD? – Visual …
Relational Database Terms Flashcards | Quizlet
Document management External links:
Document Management | SingleSource
Document Management Jobs, Employment | Indeed.com
Doculivery Online Document Management – natpay.com
Competence Center Corporate Data Quality External links:
Competence Center Corporate Data Quality (CC CDQ) – …
Information architecture External links:
Information Architecture – AbeBooks
Information Architecture | The Understanding Group
Information Architecture | Webtools
Telephone number External links:
[PDF]1 List your business telephone number.
PERS | Emergency Response Telephone Number
System integration External links:
WSI – Wireless System Integration – is an IoT enabler
Senior Management – ASI System Integration
Data curation External links:
SPEC Kit 354: Data Curation (May 2017) – publications.arl.org
What is data curation? – Definition from WhatIs.com
Data curation (Book, 2017) [WorldCat.org]