What is involved in MECE principle
Find out what the related areas are that MECE principle connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a MECE principle thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its MECE principle journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward MECE principle leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which MECE principle related domains to cover and 23 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
MECE principle, Business mapping, Collectively exhaustive, Mutually exclusive, Partition of a set, Proof by cases:
MECE principle Critical Criteria:
Own MECE principle strategies and define MECE principle competency-based leadership.
– Can we add value to the current MECE principle decision-making process (largely qualitative) by incorporating uncertainty modeling (more quantitative)?
– Risk factors: what are the characteristics of MECE principle that make it risky?
Business mapping Critical Criteria:
Facilitate Business mapping outcomes and sort Business mapping activities.
– What may be the consequences for the performance of an organization if all stakeholders are not consulted regarding MECE principle?
– What is the purpose of MECE principle in relation to the mission?
Collectively exhaustive Critical Criteria:
Discourse Collectively exhaustive decisions and overcome Collectively exhaustive skills and management ineffectiveness.
– How can you measure MECE principle in a systematic way?
– Why is MECE principle important for you now?
– Is a MECE principle Team Work effort in place?
Mutually exclusive Critical Criteria:
Reorganize Mutually exclusive tactics and summarize a clear Mutually exclusive focus.
– Record-keeping requirements flow from the records needed as inputs, outputs, controls and for transformation of a MECE principle process. ask yourself: are the records needed as inputs to the MECE principle process available?
– To what extent are agile and traditional project management techniques mutually exclusive?
– What sources do you use to gather information for a MECE principle study?
– Are assumptions made in MECE principle stated explicitly?
Partition of a set Critical Criteria:
Unify Partition of a set projects and look at the big picture.
– At what point will vulnerability assessments be performed once MECE principle is put into production (e.g., ongoing Risk Management after implementation)?
– Will MECE principle have an impact on current business continuity, disaster recovery processes and/or infrastructure?
Proof by cases Critical Criteria:
Study Proof by cases decisions and learn.
– Who is responsible for ensuring appropriate resources (time, people and money) are allocated to MECE principle?
– What are the top 3 things at the forefront of our MECE principle agendas for the next 3 years?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the MECE principle Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
MECE principle External links:
MECE principle – YouTube
In this information age it’s difficult to present complex info in a comprehensible way. The MECE Principle helps you do just that, read here how!
The MECE Principle for structuring case problems – YouTube
Business mapping External links:
Business Map Software – Business Mapping Software
Features – Business Mapping Software | Map Business Online
Business Mapping Software | CleverAnalytics.com
Collectively exhaustive External links:
Mutually Exclusive, Collectively Exhaustive, and Independen
Collectively exhaustive? Flashcards | Quizlet
Mutually exclusive External links:
Mutually Exclusive Events – Math is Fun
Partition of a set External links:
What is a partition of a set? – Quora
Proof by cases External links:
Proof by Cases – I-GuardiaN
logic – Proof by cases using Coq – Stack Overflow
[PDF]proof by cases and proof by contradiction
http://myhome.sunyocc.edu/~matthewg/251/2.4 Notes and Exercises.pdf